Mark McMillan, LMSW, CAADC, Behavior Health and Addiction Therapist, Joe Kort & Associates
Kristina Padilla, Director of Education & Business Development, California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals
David Fawcett, PhD, LCSW, Author,, Private Practice
Philip McCabe, Health Educator, Adjunct Instructor, Rutgers School of Public Health, NALGAP Inc
Sexuality is an important core aspect of human life, and very few providers have received sufficient training in exactly how to address it with clients. The awareness that is communicated has a foundation in heteronormativity, yet leaves out many other aspects to consider. When clinicians become comfortable talking about sex, especially discussing beyond what is consider “vanilla,” we are able to make our clients feel comfortable to discuss their sexual health issues. This session will include a comprehensive review of various aspect of human sexuality including but not limited to: intimacy and relationship styles; problematic sexual behavior; sex addiction in 2018; trauma informed care for sexual and gender diverse clients; kink awareness for addiction professionals; BD/SM, leather sex and erotic fetish play; interpersonal violence; domestic and sexual trauma; and embracing healthy sexuality in recovery.
• 9:00 am -10:30 am Session 1.5 CE
• 10:30 am – 10:45 am AM Break
• 10:45 am – 12:00 noon Session 1.5 CE
• 12:00 - 1:15 PM Lunch on your own
• 1:15 – 2:45 pm Session 1.50
• 2:45 – 3:00 pm Close and Announcements
• 3:00 pm – 3:15 Full Conference Break
• Describe the concepts of sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, sexual behavior and variation in terms of continuum and nonconformity.
· Discuss the impact of addiction on relationships, intimacy and sexual function.
· Explain sexual scripts, including cultural, interpersonal, and intrapersonal scripts with examples of each.